Who Let the Kids Out? (Part 2)

spid (copy)

Image drawn by Willow and coloured by Reed

INSPIRE THEM YOUNG

I want to thank all those readers that encouraged Willow to keep writing by leaving a comment, she enjoyed reading them all.

My nine-year old son has something to share, if you could be so generous and read his story and leave him a comment. I would be forever grateful. He see’s the world very different to me and I think he wrote a wonderful piece.

I love that they want to share their stories with the world.

STUPID SPIDER

By Reed

There once was a spider who lived next to these morons called, Wally and Jon, on their kitchen window. One rainy night, his web got so wet and he was soaked. He decided to leave, when the rain stopped the spider crawled down. Trying to avoid being spotted by the two morons who lived in the house, he fell. Just when Jon came out to hang his clothes on the line.

“Look at that stupid clumsy spider.” Said Jon.

The spider got so angry he fell into the drain pipe. The pipe was long, it had a hole in the end and he found his way into a sink, it was pouring with water!

Look at that stupid drowning spider.’ Yelled Wally.

The spider got out, (finally) and crawled out the window by himself. Wally was sleeping next to his cat. The spider ran off the window and accidentally knocked a jar, it shattered so loudly that it woke them both! The cat ran after the spider, but the cat lost sight of him, and went back to Wally. Then… Wally walked up to the spider…

“We have a new name for you, stupid noisy spider.” said Wally. The spider decided it was time to find a better house.

The morons had new visitors at their window, the spider sat in the garden next door laughing when he heard the words…..

“Eeek stupid FLIES!”

THE END

Everybody has a DREAM. Today is the first day of the rest of my writing life. Its a lonely world out there when you are learning the craft. This year I want to finish my first children's picture book.
This entry was posted in My kids and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Who Let the Kids Out? (Part 2)

1. Ok this is just hilariously wonderful! I literally laughed out loud, more than once. Love the line about the spider finding a new home, such deadpan humor! This kind of reminds me if Roald Dahl, does Reed enjoy his stories? Lot of dark humor like this! Keep on Reed! I want more.
    -Dana

2. Audrey Chin says:

Reed, I love this story about how the morons stuffed themselves because they didn’t realize the important role spiders have in the eco-system.
    And Willow, I’m sorry I didn’t get to read your story as I was travelling last week. I do like your drawing of that huge orange spider! Very intimidating;)
    Keep it up.

Reed,
    I really liked your story about the spider, even though I don’t like spiders very much. I will read your story to my grandsons, Jude and Charlie. I’m sure they will love your story. I liked the drawing you made too. You are very good at drawing. I hope you keep writing stories and drawing pictures. I’m sure your mom is very proud of you. Good job!

4. This was very entertaining with a very clever ending.

Blessings ~ Wendy

5. Lotta Wanner says:

I loved this story!! I could see everything so clearly when you explained it. Thank you Reed for a great story! It was scary and funny at the same time! And a perfect ending! The drawing is beautiful too. I’m sorry I missed Willows story I will go back and read it now. Love/ Lotta

6. I sit here giggling. It’s so funny – the poor spider living in a house with two ‘morons’ (Reed you are a treasure). The rain spiders in our house must think of us as morons too. James always grab the vacuum cleaner and suck them up, he is so scared of spiders. The other day Peter, one morning said; ‘Mom, last night a spider sat on the duvet and glared at me’…and that from a boy that’s 23 years old. Them men in my house are well, ….. when it comes to spiders.
    Love your story and are very funny Reed.
    Here’s to you, kid!
    Well done, please write more stories.

• Patricia I have to admit Im a moron too…. spiders give me the creeps! I am the only one who does not like them in the house. Hubby and kids love them. Reed is happy it made you giggle thanks friend it means a lot for him to get some kind positive words.

7. Reed, I like spiders, too. (A LOT more than flies!) Good story, with a very good ending!

8. suzjones says:

I laughed out loud at the ending! I am not a spider lover but morons deserve everything they get!! :D

• Sue, too true. Im a moron because I have a great fear of spiders, my husband is the opposite, so my children have his calm manner. Reed says thanks for reading and is glad he made you laugh.

Thank you for making me laugh! My heart goes out to the spider character for having to put up with those morons. I’m glad he found a new home. I love the picture too and I’m glad the spider is smiling now.

10. There’s something about children’s drawings that no adult can duplicate. Yes, you know they’re drawn by children, but it’s more. A clarity, a focus, a lens it’s hard for anyone over ten to find. Lovely spider.

11. A wonderful morality tale, sort of like an Aesop fable for the 21st century! Great job Reed! You definitely have your mom’s creative genius.

What a clever story! I like how the morons got exactly what they deserved, and that the spider survived to see better living quarters. Lots of adventure, good character study, and an interesting twist at the end – who wouldn’t want a story like that?! Keep up the good work!

13. Kath, please tell Reed I adored his story! I smiled as i read the whole thing. He certainly has a talent for it, please encourage him to pursue a writing career. :)

14. Della Law says:

Anyone who loves spiders is on my friends list! Well done Reed. You can see past the nonsense and realise that spiders do an important job for us – keeping those pesky flies away. Clever spider and clever you Reed.

• Della I knew you would like this one, both kids love the bugs and get upset if they see others doing cruel things to bogon moths or spiders, if only we could teach our kids how fragile this earth is……

15. Pingback: Who Let the Kids Out? (Part 2) | lookatmeandfeelbetter