The Magic of Virtual Friendships

IMG_0510 (copy)

Jewellery By Mary From MagicsOfCreation her Etsy shop.

It really is a small and wonderful world.

I can get to know a person on the other side of the globe, without leaving my house. Learn about how they live in a matter of a few posts.

There are no limits to where I can go. I only have to extend my fingers and type a comment on someone’s blog and something magical can happen. Blogging for me began as a way to  journal about the things that inspire me to write or sketch.

But I did not plan on the many connections I have made with you, oh the people I have met. So many talented and unique people who inspire my creative mind to dig deep. (You all know who you are.) If I visit your site and follow you, then you are sharing something of value to me. Like Mary.

I met Mary through her visits to my blog and then we discovered we both enjoy art.

Mary is an artist I admire. Every time I visit her space I am in awe of her work. Mary helped me set up my Etsy shop. It still needs work, but having friends like Mary made the process easier. So I just wanted to say thank you MARY I appreciate YOU.

When I purchased one of Mary’s beautiful pendants there was a surprise. A stunning moon pendant had been gifted to me (above) . Mary believes we should make art our fashion. How could I not, with her wonderful designs. I hope you skip on over to her shop and take a look. I walk the town proud to wear her art. It complete’s me, knowing it came from halfway across the globe makes me smile.

If there is an artists shop you love who inspires you please share in the comments.

Below is my hand painted stone pendant that I will treasure always, it is everything I imagined it would be. Thanks Mary.

The link to Mary’s shop

Jewellery by Mary from MagicsOfCreation at Etsy.com

Jewellery by Mary from MagicsOfCreation at Etsy.com

This entry was posted in Inspiration and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

73 Responses to The Magic of Virtual Friendships

1. Luanne says:

Beautiful pendant. I’m so glad you made this wonderful connection, Kath!

2. Zambian Lady says:

Those are beautiful pendants. Friendships are made in diverse ways these days.

3. Dalo 2013 says:

You mention something here that I think about quite a bit ~ how you can get to know someone on the other side of the globe while sitting at a desk. Through posts, emails and before you know it there is a real, true connection. Real benefits on both sides. I think it is one of the most inspiring pieces of today’s life, something that really makes us all better off. The above about Mary is a perfect example 🙂 Cheers to a great weekend!

I love that about blogging too and it’s been wonderful getting to know you through your art and posts. I hope you’re enjoying heading into spring and more sunshine over there. I’ll have to check out her blog – thank you!

That stone pendant looks so beautiful… and I’m glad you talked about something that touches everyone’s lives without us giving much thought to it. A random comment on a blog, or a youtube video can start of something else entirely…. if only people had interest in knowing about the lives of other people, and sharing their own 🙂

• I think people do have an interest in other people’s lives Desi. I know I do, I often wonder what my connections are doing on any given day. Sometime’s someone’s post can be just what you need to hear, a virtual blessing so to speak.

6. What a lovely ‘feel good’ post.

As I read it, what occurred to me was that intrinsic to ‘connection’ lies ‘creation’. It is only when we are able to create positivity within our own selves that we are able to connect with folks naturally and sustainably. It is that space where our heart and mind come together……..

So what could we do to sustain such creation within us more and more?

Shakti

7. roweeee says:

Hi Kath,\
    Loved this post and how you wrote so meaningfully about the friendships we make through blogging. I absolutely love the pendant she gifted you and intend to buy it once my finances improve. It looks like a stylised, idealised version of myself.
    The artist I wanted to share with you and your followers is called Liza Paizis http://www.zhibit.org/lizapaizis I first found her work at Glebe Markets in Sydney and after some years when I wanted to get larger versions of the cards I’d bought, I Googled her and she’d moved back to South Africa and now she’s living in the Mississippi Valley, Iowa, USA.Her work is so beautiful and affects me at a spiritual level as she captures something about the human spirit xx Rowena

8. Pingback: Connected | Jennifer's Journal

9. Judy says:

You nailed it so well!! Exactly how I feel…virtual friendships were a surprise. I thought I just wanted to journal about my images and photo excursions!! I think of the clink of the keyboard as plunking a pebble into a vast body of water….ripples travel out and wash up on receptive shores all over the planet!! Is it not wonderful?