Now is the Hour

DSCN7962 (copy)

Friesian Beauty by Kath Unsworth

Now is the Hour.

Did you find yourself scratching your head and asking, what happened to January?

Not me, (for once) determined to live each day in the moment. I kept my promise to myself and stayed on target with my projects. Checking in with my virtual diary. It assisted in tracking the hours I could use for creativity.

January will go down as the month I finished my outline illustrations for the picture book. Finishing was its own reward. The hard work begins now rendering each image to the best of my abilities. No turning back.

I discovered I can break the practice of creating new habits down even further.

I listened to a Deepak Chopra free webinar Finding Sacred Momentum and having your best year ever. I know most free webinars end with a pitch to sell you something and this one did not disappoint a nine week online course called Synchro Destiny. The offer was way over my budget (sadly I would have loved to join).

I took away a couple of great tips from the free webinar though that have enlightened me on this quest to stretch my boundaries.

A basic thought process and frightfully simple. But it worked to help me to stay focused.

In this free webinarDeepak Chopra talked about. No regrets, no resistance, no anticipation all we have is just this moment, thats all. I use that in a meditation too.

NOW, is all we have.

What are we going to do with this moment?

When I ask each day, I see a clear action on what I must do. Deepak believes we should always be open to messages that come and follow the line of connection. Being in the flow is important and not fighting against it is the key. He believes when choosing our rightful path we should think about this…..

I’ll make choices in the moment that are joyful for me and others.

Wow! This one hit home for me, when I am creating art I am joyful.

“No regrets, no resistance, no anticipation just this moment is all there is.”

I think what he is trying to tell us is when we discover our joy in what we do, things flow better. I set aside some time to meditate in the mornings. At the end of this time I imagine my book or project already finished. What it actually will look like. I imagine holding the book in my hands, it’s a powerful imagery and practice. One day my mind created images of cows and I knew it was a day I had to paint one of Pete’s photo’s.

The painting flowed that day and I know the meditation helped to bring it to life.

Another example of living in the now. A few days ago I came down with the flu (yes a summer flu). Instead of stressing about the book, exercise, or reading of my favourite blogs etc. I accepted that my body wanted me to be still. I enjoyed the stillness, sleeping and doing nothing for a couple of days. So I hope you see that if you go with the natural ebb and flow of your daily life, good moments can come from it.

I do wish to apologise as lately I am unable to read all your blog posts. Just know I read as many as I can but sometimes I just can’t comment on all of them. I need to focus on my art in this moment.

Please tell me in the comments how you discovered you were on the right path. Or if you are still looking for a sign to start your dreams, remember you only have this moment. What are you going to do with it?

Another take away quote from the webinar I will leave with you. I hope the week flows with an abundance of creativity and joy.

“The best use of imagination is creativity the worst use of imagination is fear.“

” Deepak Chopra “

DSCN7960 (copy)

Friesian Beauty by Kath Unsworth

This entry was posted in moments in time and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

81 Responses to Now is the Hour

1. Zambian Lady says:

As always, your painting is great. Do you do abstract painting as well? I looked at your Etsy page but did not see anything.

2. Sounds like we’ve set out on parallel paths this year, K. I’ve been thinking a lot about the Now (and had better not just think about it but live it, right?). Great quote on choosing what is most joyful to ourselves and loved ones. Hope the flu is behind you. So glad you’re making such great progress with your lovely work.

3. Dalo 2013 says:

Beautiful drawing Kath and congratulations on your completing of your paintings ~ the ideas you talk about in your post are so important, finding and taking advantage of the now. The title of the webinar “Finding Sacred Momentum” is a good one, and there are so many things that can make me lose focus in a day (which can easily turn into a week…), and not the kind of thing needed to make this the best year ever. To get momentum at the beginning of the year ~ my goal too 🙂 Thank you for this post.

4. Kath I am going to wish you a Happy Valentines Day and a beautiful week ahead…hoping it births a smile on your face. Love you my sister…God bless!

5. Wishing you a speedy recovery, Kath! And lots of happy creative time. 🙂

6. carlamcgill says:

Beautiful painting “Friesian Beauty”! I love the comment about making choices that will bring joy to self and others. I will remember that one!

7. Roy McCarthy says:

Love these samples of your latest work Kath. Indeed more people are finding meditation and mindfulness assists them to enjoy life more. I think that we probably reach a good place naturally as we get a little older (not that you’re old or anything) and some of our life pressures fall away of their own accord. Certainly I’m far happier these days in spite of a bad but temporary work situation.

8. Beautiful illustration Kath, I’m so glad you’ve found your flow and that January has been fruitful for you. It has for me too, starting revisions on my book, I’m still finding the joy in writing.

• Andrea you have such a talent with the written word I can tell when I read your blog that you adore your craft. Good to hear you are starting revisions. Look forward to reading your book one day.

9. New Journey says:

love the cow….I have cow pictures all over my kitchen……wonderful creatures…kat

10. Val Boyko says:

Now is the hour … all be it 13 days later. Wonderful artistry Kath! It sounds like February has been a month for presence and creativity. Now that is such a powerful combination!
    May it continue to bloom and expand ✨✨

11. Sherri says:

Your art is truly beautiful Kath. I am so pleased that you are in the flow of your ‘now’, progressing one day at a time towards your goals. I read a very similar thing recently, about that indescribable joy when working at the thing you most love – for you, art, for me, writing – and it is so true that everything flows better at times like that. It is a privilige to experience it. I too am so sorry it’s taken me this long to comment here, but it’s good to know we understand when our work has to come first. I am so proud of you my friend, and we will all be here waiting to hear about your next step towards achieving your dreams…remembering to take that special time for yourself too 🙂 xoxo

12. Luanne says:

Congrats to you, Kath, on your diligence. And what a lovely cow!!!

13. Elizabeth says:

Hi Kath, your painting is perfect! Beautiful words as well. I try to be here and now, enjoy the little pleasures of the moment, but it is difficult, the mind is always wandering. But little by little I get there.

• Thanks Elizabeth I try to read your blogs I keep many in my inbox to read when I get time but sometimes by the time I get to them you have closed comments. I do try to read them all.

• Elizabeth says:

Don’t worry dear Kath, I know how it is, the same here, we don’t have time to comment in every post one enjoy, but we know who are our frequent readers. Have a great week!

14. That is a moo-ving painting. One beautiful cow. 😉 Kath … Like you, I have taken a break. My focus, however, has been on school. This is my last year teaching and I will leave with mixed emotions. But I also have other plans I wish to pursue.

I love your/Deepak Chopra’s philosophy: “all we have is just this moment, that’s all.” We do need to make the most of each day. I keep putting things off. After I retire in May, no more procrastination. 😉

15. Lovely post, doll! You know I’m into all of this. 😉

Just spent a while catching up with some blogs this afternoon, and I am nowhere close to reading all of them. I’m cutting myself off though to go do some Yoga. Have to make time for ourselves and live in the now.